Negroni spritz … for when you want a negroni, but it doesn’t match the weather.
Who doesn’t love a negroni? They’re on high rotation at our place, especially in the cooler months. That combination of bitter, sweet, and spicy is irresistible. Delicious though they are, we find them a little too heavy for a Melbourne summer.
We’ve taken the classic negroni and tweaked the proportions to make it lighter and more refreshing than the traditional version. We’ve topped our negroni spritz with soda water and added fresh mint and an orange twist. To look at it, you could be forgiven for mistaking it for a Long Island Iced tea, but it tastes nothing like it!
We used Four Pillars Spiced Negroni Gin for our negroni spritz (please note this is NOT sponsored content) but you could use any gin for this recipe.
You could even add prosecco if you’re after a boozier version! If you’d like to try another twist on a classic cocktail, why not check out our blood orange margarita?
- 60 ml gin we used Four Pillars spiced negroni gin
- 40 ml Campari
- 120 ml sweet vermouth we used Cinzano Rosso
- Soda water
- Sprigs of fresh mint and a twist of orange peel. to garnish
- Half fill two glasses with ice.
- Add gin, Campari and vermouth. Top up with soda water and stir gently.
- Garnish with mint and orange peel.