Tahini yoghurt sauce is a salty, tangy blend of lemon juice, tahini, yoghurt, garlic and salt. It is delicious served with falafel, lamb cutlets, zucchini fritters, and kofta. Try serving it with our Lamb Kofta with Pistachios
If you are serving this sauce with zucchini or vegetable fritters, you’ll want a thicker sauce – the consistency of thick yoghurt. In this case, leave out the water, only adding it at the end if needed. We use half a cup of yoghurt, a quarter cup of yoghurt and the juice of half a lemon, or to taste. Season with salt and white pepper.
Make a batch of this delicious sauce and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can easily make this tahini yoghurt sauce vegan by leaving the yoghurt. It’s still delicious!
Tahini Yoghurt Sauce
- 80 g tahini
- 1½ TBS lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 pinch salt flakes
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 60 ml cold water see note
- ¼ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and iced water until smooth. It should be the consistency of honey. Whisk or stir in the yoghurt to taste. Add more water if the mixture is too thick for purpose.
- Refrigerate in a jar, or covered bowl for up to 3 days.